THE CURRENT SITUATION OF THE TRANS COMMUNITY AROUND THE WORLD
Tuesday, June 27th. 12:00-13:30
Despite recent legal developments in many countries, the Trans community remains the victim of many forms of violence and discrimination. This panel will look at how this discrimination obstructs access to basic rights such as education, healthcare, work, justice, identity and the right to a life without violence, amongst others. As a result, life expectancy for the community is generally lower than in other collectives — the need to examine this reality is therefore essential.
- Tamara Adrián: Member, Legislative Assembly of Venezuela and Representative of the Venezuelan LGBTI Network.
- Galilea Bracho: Executive Director, REDMMUTRANS Guatemala.
- Bianka Rodríguez: Director of Communications, COMCAVIS TRANS.
- Carla Antonelli: Member of the Asamblea de Madrid.
- Vittoria Schisano: Actress and Presenter.
- Eduardo Gestido: Spokesperson, Association Aperttura and Director, Transboy.com.