THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION OF THE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY AND PEOPLE WITH HIV
Wednesday, June 28th. 14:00-15:30
The workplace comes with issues that need examining. Stigma and discrimination are a reality that face both people who identify as LGBTQIA+ and those who live with HIV, a reality which is evident within the work place. There are varying reports on what exact percentage of these individuals will experience discrimination at work, but the fact that it occurs isn’t up for debate, and unemployment is a considerable problem especially for people who are HIV positive, even in the West.
- María del Carmen Barranco: Philosophy of Law Professor, UC3M.
- Ricardo Moreno Úbeda: Director, ViiV Healthcare Spain and Portugal.
- Agustina Quaranta: Member, Urbana Trans.
- Ricardo Baruch: Activist and Sexual and Reproductive Health Researcher.
- Julio Gómez: Coordinator, Trabajando en Positivo.